Posts Tagged ‘ Test Things Out ’

063: Testing with Fabric // New Installation Space Concepts

So I got two kinds of fabric to test (both are similar to mosquito net) from this fabric shop in Soho. One is softer and has smaller holes in white, another one is harder with a bit bigger holes, in silky white. First I thought the softer one would catch light beams better but I was wrong. After testing these fabric out, the harder one results a better quality, and I guess it would be easier to hang it down.

And here are some results from the softer fabric:

After all, I decide to go with the harder fabric for my surface/texture. I also design a new layout for it to make it becomes more effective in term of imperfect. I’ll cut the fabric in to six stripes for each side. Each stripe will have the same width but different length, hanging down from the ceiling – in front of the projected wall. They will still catch texts as well as layer them, produce textures/surfaces to the installation.

I still have to work out the installation and space because I have been allocated in a new space and I have to try to tweak everything in. The screen also can not be mounted on the wall. Shit but I can’t do anything now because it’s a bit too late. So I’m thinking to put it on an art stool, make it come out from the wall a bit, same as print…which the top one will be hang from the ceiling to get the same depth as the screen. And the bottom one will be put on the stool, just below the screen. Anyway, I’ll draw out a plan soon !!!!

Advertisements

062: Test Things Out 02

Ok. So finally I got to test the projector with an acetate plate and a tracing paper, hanging by a thread from the ceiling.

Test on Acetate Plate


Test with Tracing Paper


I like both results, but there are problems like ..

The plate/paper keeps swinging. Not good.

I like how the acetate plate didn’t affect the projected image behind but it’s quite reflective and types are rarely appeared on the plate.

The tracing paper working well with types projected on but it blocks out everything behind it.

So, I’m turning to a final choice: using a mosquito net instead. I found lots of places to buy and I think I’ll get it by the end of this week + test it out. If it works better than what I’ve done. I’ll have to think about how to put it on, like building a frame or something.

060: Test Things Out 01

I’m really really sorry for the lacks of posting. I’ve been working part-time more this month so I haven’t had time to focus on the project that much but it’ll be all over tomorrow which I’m very happy because I can now work full time on my final project.

Now it’s more like testing things out. Past couple weeks I was testing and building things such as this DIY mixer which I haven’t tried it out as there was a problem either on a dvd player, a cable, or a screen. So I need to go somewhere else and try later. Such a shame.

…Anyway, I tried out my animation video and it works fine with the projector with 800 x 600 resolution. I also measure the size to match what I have been planning to have, overall 180 cm. x 104.10 cm.

The projector is needed to be roughly 300 cm. from the wall. And it has to be placed on something 75 cm. high

Next week I have to try projector with acetate papers which I’ll post on this blog as soon as I can 😉